Special Recycle Collections:
- Household Chemical Waste Collections – Saturday, September 16 (9am-1pm) at the DPW in South Haven.
- Household Chemicals (list of accepted materials below)
- Pesticides (lawn, garden, farm) – Accepting small quantities. Large quantities should be disposed of (free) at the Berrien County Clean Sweep events which cover residents/landowners in Van Buren County. Visit http://www.berriencounty.org/recycle/CleanSweepPesticideCollections or download a Clean Sweep Registration and follow the directions on the form.
- Latex Paint (any size/any color)
- Passenger Tires – Space is limited so please RSVP tire count to 269-657-4030 x5. Limit 10 passenger tires per resident address, extra will be put on waiting list if there is room. No businesses. No large tractor or equipment tires. Click here for additional Passenger Tire Cleanups for Van Buren County Residents.
- Other Items: Hearing Aids, Eye Glasses, Walking Canes, American Flags (all items will be donated to the local Lions Club and VFW)
Materials Accepted for Chemical Waste Collections:
Oil based paints, batteries, household cleaners, automotive chemicals, antifreeze, fluorescent bulbs, garden & lawn chemicals, solvents & paint thinners, aerosols, gasoline, mercury and mercury devices, pesticides, acids/bases, reactives, and kerosene corrosives. Items we do NOT collect: used motor oil (check with local oil change locations), ammunition, explosives, asbestos, radioactive materials.
Municipalities that pledge funds to the Kalamazoo Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center: Antwerp Township, Almena Township and Paw Paw Township. The Kalamazoo HHW Center is located at 1301 Lamont Ave. Kalamazoo MI, 49048 and their contact information is 269-373-5211 or visit http://www.kalcounty.com/hhw.
Updated Van Buren County Recycle Guide Coming Soon…. Download the complete Van Buren County Recycling Guide here: Van Buren Recycling Guide
THE REST OF THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION and BEING UPDATED. PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE FOR UPDATES AND QUESTIONS… THANK YOU!
WHAT CAN BE RECYCLED & WHERE
DROP OFF LOCATIONS:
VBC MUNICIPALITY INFORMATION