The VAN BUREN CONSERVATION DISTRICT reminds you that WE are in this together – separated, but together! We wanted to share some ideas of what you can do while you are homebound:
- TAKE A SURVEY: Your input about our land and water quality is needed! We encourage any adult that lives, works, or plays in Van Buren County to take 10 minutes to answer a series of questions about what natural resources are important to you. Your feedback helps direct the VAN BUREN CONSERVATION DISTRICT (VBCD) programs, projects, and services we offer in our communities. Go to SurveyMonkey.com/r/VanBurenCo.
- SHOP OUR TREE SEEDLING SALE: Order Tree Seedlings! Pre-order deadline extended to May 11th!!! Our sale is still on, it has just been postponed until May 14th, 15th and 16th. Day of sales may change due to the current COVID-19 status so the best way to ensure you get seedlings this year is to pre-order! We will schedule a pickup and/or delivery depending on the climate of COVID-19 in mid-May. Order online at VanBurenCD.org.
- TRY A FUN ACTIVITY: Visit facebook.com/VanBurenCD if you are looking for fun things to do with your children while they are home. Our staff members have been making and sharing great resources for fun environmental education that you and your kids will love!
- GO OUTDOORS: Get outside, take a walk, and pick up trash. Fresh air is good medicine for all of us! And picking up trash along the roadside will protect wildlife, water quality, make you feel better, and make us proud of our beautiful County. Be safe and watch out for traffic and be respectful of property boundaries, just focus on unwanted trash.
- DO YOUR SPRING CLEANING: If you are spring cleaning remember there are many options for donating and recycling unwanted items. Recycling isn’t just for $0.10 returnable cans! From unwanted clothes/textiles, unused medicine and prescriptions, and household cleaning agents and batteries, search the resources at org/resources/recycling for many ideas and options! Recycle Collection events that are currently scheduled will be postponed if a stay-at-home order is in place.
Although the VBCD office is closed to walk-ins due to the recent COVID-19, the VBCD staff is still diligently working and can be contacted via email. Keep up with us at www.VanBurenCD.org and on our Facebook page. Stay healthy!