FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Feb. 1, 2021
Training: MSU Extension Food Safety Team
Michigan State University Extension is your resource for food safety training. Food Safety Educators will be hosting live online webinars.
Winter Food Safety Question and Answer
Every Monday at 1pm EST
Feb. 8, 2021 -Vacuum Sealer
- Are you using your vacuum sealer to its full potential? Is it sitting in the cupboard collecting dust? Learn more about this appliance and what it can do to keep food safe.
Feb. 15, 2021 – Comfort Foods – Cooling Safely
- How do you keep food out of the Temperature Danger Zone? Discover how to quickly cool large amounts of food to keep them safe.
Feb. 22, 2021- Freezer Meal Prep
- It’s 4 o’clock, what’s for dinner? Planning for busy days, explore how to safely prepare and freeze meals ahead.
To learn more and to register visit:https://events.anr.msu.edu/WinterQandA2021/
Winter Food Preservation Series
Every Thursday, classes are offered at 1pm and 6pm EST
Prepare for the harvest season – Join us to learn the latest methods and research for preserving foods at home. Let us help you prepare for the harvest season to fill your pantry and freezer by preserving food safely.
Feb. 4, 2021 – Preserving Soups and Broth
- Canning and freezing homemade soup and broth is not only healthy but can save time and make meal preparation quick and easy.
Feb. 11, 2021 – Preparing for Preservation I: From Garden to Harvest
- Prepare for the next harvest and preservation season. This program will cover planning, equipment, storing, recipes, and much more to successfully preserve food throughout the year. This is part one of a two-part program.
Feb. 18, 2021 – Preparing for Preservation II: From Garden to Harvest
- Prepare for the next harvest and preservation season. This workshop will cover planning, equipment, storing, recipes, and much more to successfully preserve food throughout the year. This is part two of a two-part program.
Feb. 25, 2021 – Fact vs. Fiction When Preserving Foods at Home
- It is important to stay current with home preserving methods. Join the Food Safety Team for an interactive program on fact vs. fiction when preserving foods at home.
To learn more and to register visit: https://events.anr.msu.edu/WinterFoodPreservation2021/
Investigating Food with Science
Every Wednesday at 4 pm EST
Explore why baking is a science and cooking is an experiment in our after-school program. Join our free webinar.
Feb. 10, 2021 – The HOLE science behind bread!
Feb. 17, 2021 – Kitchen science ADDS up!
Feb. 24, 2021 – Get your wiggle on with Jell-O®!
To learn more and to register visit: https://events.anr.msu.edu/InvestigatingFoodwithScience2021/
Be Food Safe and Ready for Emergencies
Learn how to be prepared during weather emergencies. Topics include food safety, planning for farm issues, preparedness for seniors and youth, as well as becoming mindful when handling emergencies.
Feb. 2, 2021 – 12 pm EST
Emergency Preparedness for Seniors
- Simple tips to stay healthy and safe in food emergencies.
Feb. 16, 2021 – 12 pm EST
Preparing Youth for Emergencies
- Preparing youth to recognize and take action during emergencies.
To learn more and to register visit: https://events.anr.msu.edu/EmergencyPreparednessFS20/
Or follow us on Think Food Safety, Facebook Page for our live presentations.
Pantry Food Safety – It’s Your Job
Food safety training for volunteers or staff working in a food bank or food pantry will cover food safety guidelines for handling and receiving food products safely. After completing the Pantry Food Safety training, participants will receive a certificate of completion. This 3-hour training is provided at no cost.
Feb. 22, 2021 – 2-5 p.m. EST
Mar. 2, 2021 – 2-5 p.m. EST
To learn more and to register visit https://events.anr.msu.edu/Winterpantryfoodsafety/
Michigan Cottage Food Law Workshop
Learn how to prepare and sell foods to the public under Michigan’s Cottage Food Law. This two-hour workshop combines education about the Michigan Cottage Food Law and food safety aspects of preparing and selling cottage foods safely and successfully. Michigan Cottage Food Law allows residents to manufacture foods in home kitchens and store those products at home. Topics include preparing, packaging, labeling, storing, and transporting cottage foods.
Feb.10, 2021 – 6 – 8 p.m. EST
Mar. 17, 2021 – 10 a.m. -12 p.m. EST
To learn more and to register https://events.anr.msu.edu/MichiganCottageFood/
Cooking for Crowds
A volunteers guide to food safety. Cooking for Crowds classes educate groups who offer food fundraisers and events such as dinners and bake sales. $15 registration fee covers the class along with a food safety manual.
Feb. 16, 2021, 5:30-8:30 p.m. EST
Mar. 22, 2021, 5:30-8:30 p.m. EST
To learn more and to register: https://events.anr.msu.edu/C4C2020/
Safe Food = Healthy Kids
Safe Food = Healthy Kids is an interactive workshop designed for childcare providers. Learn what the best practices are for food safety to help keep kids safe.
Feb. 8 & 10, 2021 from 1 – 2:30 p.m. EST (2-part class)
Feb. 22, 2021 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST
March 16, 2021 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST
To learn more and to register https://events.anr.msu.edu/SFHKWinter21/
Michigan State University Extension helps people improve their lives by bringing the vast knowledge resources of MSU directly to individuals, communities, and businesses.
For more information or questions, contact Kellie Jordan, email@example.com