Recycling Roundup: Household Hazardous Waste, Passenger Tire, Paint, & Confidential Document Collections
Collections are free to all Van Buren County residents and landowners. The collections are not open to businesses. To show you’re eligible for free drop-off, please bring your ID or tax bill with a Van Buren address to collections. Tires must be RSVP’d to be accepted. Call 269-657-4030 x5 to RSVP your tires.
- Saturday, June 15, 2019 | 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM | VBC Human Services Building, 801 Hazen Street, Paw Paw
- What Will Be Collected: passenger tires, household hazardous waste, paint, and confidential documents for destruction (shredding)
- Saturday, August 3, 2019 | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM | Arlington Township Transfer Station, Corner of 52nd Street and 26th Avenue in Bangor (Tire-only collection)
- What Will Be Collected: passenger tires
- Saturday, September 21, 2019 | 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM | South Haven Public Works Building, 1199 8th Avenue, South Haven
- What Will Be Collected: passenger tires, household hazardous waste, and paint
Important to Keep In Mind
- Bring a valid ID to show you are a Van Buren County resident or landowner and therefore eligible for the free services.
- Only 10 tires per resident address will be accepted per collection.
- To bring tires to collection events, you MUST call the office (269-657-4030×5) before the day of the event to RSVP the tires.
- Tire RSVP lists fill up fast, so call to RSVP your tires today! The RSVP list will be checked at the event to verify we have space for your tires.
- Call the office with any questions about what forms of household hazardous waste will be accepted.
- Clean motor oil will NOT be accepted at collection events; see “Oil” in A-Z categories below for year-round disposal opportunities.
- A complete list of acceptable and unacceptable items for Confidential Document Destruction
Printable Flyers to Advertise
- Household Recycling Collections (English) (Español)
- Passenger Tire Collections (English) (Español)
- Confidential Document Destruction (English) (Español)
Free Dump Days
Check with your Village, City, or Township to see if and when it hosts free dump days. Oftentimes, these dump days will also include recycling opportunities.