Van Buren Conservation District

Covid-19 Update

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and recent uptick in cases in Michigan, the Van Buren Conservation District is primarily working from home. Email is the best way to reach us, as we are checking voicemails infrequently. Please visit the staff link to obtain the staff member's email address that is appropriate for your inquiry. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we do our part to keep our staff and the rest of the community safe!

Report a Concern

See Something That Needs Attention?

Trash, Tires, & More

Have you found some trash, tires, electronics, or other items that have been disposed of improperly? If you are unable to dispose of or recycle the items yourself, please report through this form.

Invasive Species

Invasive species are easiest to manage when they are first introduced, since it is much easier to mange just a few plants, instead of acres of them. Because of this, Early Detection is key to protecting our resources! We lean on partners, residents, and citizen scientists to help report emerging species, since they see far more of the county than the CISMA ever will.

Report through MISIN now!

MISIN, the Midwest Invasive Species Information Network, is program through MSU to help identify and map invasive species throughout the area. Using either the website or the phone app, you can report invasive species locations for managers and municipalities. Or, visit the website to look at what has been reported in your area!

Road Issues for the Van Buren County Road Commission

Through the app “SeeClickFix”, the Van Buren County Road Commission efficiently receives information about what is needed on the roads in its jurisdiction. If you see any of the following, you can report them. 

  • Drainage, Water or Washout Concern
  • Gravel Road Maintenance
  • Mailbox Damage
  • Mowing, Brush Control, Sight Distance Concerns
  • Potholes
  • Road/Bridge Construction
  • Seal Coat
  • Shoulder Repair/Concern
  • Snow Removal or Ice Control
  • Street Sign of Signal Concern
  • Tree, Limb, or Stump Concern
  • Other
  • Show the Road Commission Your Appreciation!

If you have an Android phone, visit this link from your phone to download the app:

If you have an iPhone, visit this link from your phone to download the app: 

Van Buren County Government Concerns

For general Van Buren County Government concerns or for General Van Buren County Sheriff Property Check concerns, visit this link to report the concerns: